The Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 allows you to ride more than just XC trails with less effort. This review will give you a better idea of what this high speed and multi-functional e-bike can do for you.
✅ Different frame options (6) including a 27.5-inch or a 29-inch wheel. ✅ Reinforced wheels to reduce rim cracking. ✅ Quality tires and puncture-resistant. ⊖ The suspension fork is coil spring increasing the weighs (but can be upgraded to air suspension). ⊖ It could be considered a heavy electric mountain bike. ⊖ Does not include the pedals.
Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 ebike Table Summary
✅ Different frame options (6) including a 27.5-inch or a 29-inch wheel.
✅ Reinforced wheels to reduce rim cracking.
✅ Quality tires and puncture-resistant.
⊖ The suspension fork is coil spring increasing the weighs (but can be upgraded to air suspension).
⊖ It could be considered a heavy electric mountain bike.
⊖ Does not include the pedals.
With the combination of Bosch electric power and hardtail cross-country platform, you can climb hills while the electric motor boosts your natural pedaling power. Another fantastic thing is it is available with a wide selection of components and seven size options.
You can buy it with a 27.5-inch or 29-inch wheel and appeals to different riders.
What Makes the Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 Unique?
The performance electric mountain bikes aimed for the recreational rider in need of a quality electric bike to ride across country trails. Over convention bikes, the Hybrid Pro 500 is perfect for a novice rider giving you the extra power on tap to conquer climbs, maintain speed, and momentum over rough terrains.
With the Bosch Performance CX pedal assist system, known as a mid-drive, it offers you a natural feeling of power and organically integrates into the construction of the bicycle.
With the Reaction Hybrid Pro 500, you can achieve up to 75nm of torque with 250-watt continuous power linked with the Bosch 500-watt battery.
The frame is triple butted with aluminum and has a tapered head-tube for stiffness with accurate steering.
The cable routing is internal and gives the e-bike a clean look preventing cable damage.
Further, the hardtail electric bike is equipped with a Shimano Deore drivetrain for smooth, accurate shifting using a wide range of gears. This means you can handle the added power of the pedal-assist providing a longer lifespan of the components.
The Suntour suspension fork is lightweight and plush while the 2.6-inch Schwalbe tires keep you on track. An added benefit is the tires are puncture-resistant to help minimize flats. Furthermore, it comprises a dual-layer skid plate that protects the motor from rock strikes.
Another standout is the Shimano 10-speed transmission with an 11-42T cassette offering you a gear for every situation you cycle. The hydraulic disc brake is powerful and keeps your speed in check for off-road cycling.
From the first pedal you take, the Cube 500 will help you get there. The motors slotted into a perfect position in the chassis and the batteries placed inside the cast down tube and looks great.
The fantastic thing is you do not need to remove the battery for charging.
Other Fantastic Features
The e-bike has a minimalist design, but loads of potential to upgrade. There is a bottle cage on the seat tube and has rack bosses on the seat. With the internally routed cables, they stay out of the way and make servicing easier.
The seat tube is pre-routed to use with a seat post dropper.
The majority of the bike component is black, including the lower fork, seat, handlebar, rims, stem, and seat post. The spokes, disc brake rotors and suspension fork look nice in the silver highlights. The fork has no anodized stanchions and is not adjustable but has a 15 mm thru axle with supported wider Boost hub spacing to use with a wide spoke bracing angle.
Included you receive a Bosch 2 amp battery charger and is compatible to use with the 4 amp charger as well. The Performance Line motor produces faster energy and some reduction-gearing drag compared to an Active Line motor. With the engine, you get a higher torque of up to 75 nm with high-speed pedal support.
So if you do enjoy pedaling fast, the Performance Line CX motor will keep up and not fade out. What this means is that you don’t have to shift as frequently to maintain a higher speed.
The mountain electric bike has a Bosch motor controller that measures the rear wheel speed, pedal torque, and pedal cadence.
It also has a built-in sensor for shifting and reduces the pressure automatically when changing gears. The Shimano Deore drivetrain has a ten (10) speed system powered with a Shimano trigger shifter interface allowing you to pull in or push out for higher gears. With the Shadow Plus derailleur, it brings it closer to the wheel and avoids rock strikes.
The top speed reached by this ebike is 20 mph (32 km/h).
For tightening the chain, you have a small gray lever on the front edge of the housing for fast riding and cycling bumpy off-road. The Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 has a second layer of protection with a long rubber slap guard and helps reduce noise.
The included battery offers you 36 volts and 13.4 amp hours for up to 500-watt-hours of capability. The battery pack clicks down securely with a locking core. With the large charging plug, it should not break easily.
Activating the E-Bike Drive System
Riding the electric bike is straightforward, by charging the battery, mounting it to the frame, and pressing the power button to the on position on the small display panel. The Bosch Purion display you cannot swivel and is not removable. Further, it does not show many menus or have a Micro-USB charging port.
The screen does glow a faint white color at times and does not draw too much power. By holding the + button turns the lights on and off.
With the button, you can cycle through your odometer, range, trip distance, assist level, and your current state of charge. On the lower panel is a walk-mod button and only available when using Eco, Boost for walk, Sport, or Tour mode to work.
Even the hydraulic disc brakes work well, and it is not every day that you find an e-bike with two-wheel size options available.
Should You Buy the Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 e-bike?
If you want to travel around town and take on hard trails, our answer is yes. Here are some reasons to consider as to why you should or should not buy this pedelec ebike:
Good Reasons to Buy:
- The hardtail offers you an excellent weight distribution as the motor and the battery are placed in the low and center of the frame.
- The motor blends into the down tube and has a double-layer skid plate to protect it from rock strikes.
- You can buy it in different frame sizes and outfit with either a 27.5-inch (16 and 18 inch) or a 29-inch wheel (17, 19, 21 and 23 inch).
- The battery pack is mounted into the downtube for protection and more aesthetically good.
- The wheels have reinforced eyelets that reduce rim cracking and is more durable.
- The front wheel has a broader Boost hub spacing, provides a sturdier bracing angle for the spokes, and equipped with wide quality tires and puncture-resistant.
- Furthermore, the battery is easy to handle, has a molded black plastic handle at the top, and locks securely in place and backward.
- The top tube, seat tube, and down tube offers you loads of space to use accessories, and you can add a disc brake compatible rear rack.
- The hydraulic disc brakes offer you outstanding stopping power and control when cycling cross-country.
- Alternatively, the Bosch CX motor controller is smart and consistent measuring all the essential needs and protects the drivetrain from mashing.
- The display is compact and readable providing you with large readouts.
- With the Bosch Performance Line motor, it supports a higher-pedal rate and does not fade out when you reach 120 RPM.
- You get a two-year warranty on everything available on the electric bike, and the frame has a five-year warranty.
- For transporting this mountain e-bike, you have a quick release rear wheel with a removable feature.
Reasons not to Buy:
- The CUBE Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 does not come included with pedals and the best option is to pick a Wellgo magnesium platform.
- The suspension fork is coil spring and weighs more. In addition, it is not adjustable.
- The Hybrid Pro 500 weigh is 53 lbs (23.7 kg) in the medium size frame.
- Further, the Purion display panel is not removable and comes with a 2-amp charger, which could be low.
What do we think of the Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500?
The Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 is a recreational electric mountain bike and alternatively can be used as an urban commuting electric bike. With the power boost from the Bosch motor, you can quickly get up to speed.
If you lack the fitness and want to conquer hills and keep up with friends the Cube Pro 500 is a great choice.
The aluminum frame is super light and double butted with tapered head tube and internal cabling giving it a clean look. Just the fact that you can buy the e-bike with different frame sizes and wheels is more than pleasing. The bicycles loaded with high-end components at an affordable price.
Considering all the above traits, we think the Cube Reaction Hybrid Pro 500 electric bike is worth buying.