Trek Super Commuter +9 electric bike is considered one of the most wanted e-bikes. You can easily use it to arrive at work sweat-free and smile from all the fun you had riding it.
✅ Fitted with full-length mudguards. ✅ SuperNova lights delivers a strong beam. ✅ Hydroformed ebike frame. ⊖ It is a heavy electric commuting bike, if required to carry to a second floor. ⊖ Only one color available.
Trek Super Commuter +9 ebike Table Summary
✅ Fitted with full-length mudguards.
✅ SuperNova lights delivers a strong beam.
✅ Hydroformed ebike frame.
⊖ It is a heavy electric commuting bike, if required to carry to a second floor.
⊖ Only one color available.
With the Bosh motor and assist legs up to 15 miles per hour (24 km/h), you can enjoy a powerful yet smooth ride. Furthermore, the e-bike is equipped with fantastic components and have a healthy range with flexible assistance.
The Trek Super Commuter +9 may not be available in different colors but, the accessories included are fantastic. Plus to make it even better, you can use it with or without motor assist.
To find out more make sure to read the full review that follows here.
The Pulsing Heart of the Trek Super Commuter
The first thing you will notice is the incredible power of this bike to enjoy a smooth rolling ride with loads of comfort.
For power to go up hills and cycle on flat surfaces, the Trek Super Commuter +9 has a powerful Bosch Performance CX motor. The engine you can find below the cranks and out of the way.
The 500Wh battery unit is neatly built-in and secured with an ABUS lock and key.
By placing the two key features below, helps to keep the handling of the electric bike intact preventing you from falling. With the Bosch Purion system at the riser handlebar, you can keep an eye on the battery status, motor, and lights. You have different power modes, and you can choose the type of pedal-assistance offered.
For maximum oomph, you can select the Turbo setting but, can take its toll on the battery use. The fantastic thing is that the display is simple to use and offers you all the information you need. Now, if you want to ramp it up you can use the Sports setting and helps raise your cadence.
Alternatively, if you want to enjoy a purer experience when cycling, you can turn the assistance down using the Eco and Tour settings. And if you prefer a workout, turn off the pedal-assist, which is suitable for the brave cyclists. With a fully charged battery, you can reach up to 24 miles (38 km) depending on the power setting used.
Another standout is that you can charge the battery while in the frame with the nifty charge port on the frame. The batteries removable and sit in the alloy frame. The fork has a carbon structure and securely bolted with axles and equipped with Schwalbe Super Moto-X tires.
Even with the extra weight on the Pedelec, you get a carbon fork offering you the best suspension and comfort.
Should You Buy the E-Bike from Trek?
Taking the price into consideration, it remains affordable compared to other commuter electric bikes. Here are some excellent reasons why you should consider buying it.
Good Reasons to Buy:
- The wide rims offer you a consistent grip on flat surfaces.
- Included are full-length mudguards to ride in the worst weather without spoiling your trousers.
- The NuVinci hub gear found at the rear wheel offers a constant and changeable function to control by the grip-shift style shifter. The drivetrain is unique you must agree!
- Even the gear indicator is fun instead of using the boring numbers and demonstrated in animation form.
- The SuperNova lights deliver ample light when cycling at night and sources power from the battery, this means you will have lights all the time at night as long as the battery is charged.
- The saddle you can adjust according to your height and the flat pedals comfortable to wear with your casual shoes.
- Included is a pannier rack and perfect for commuting to work without having the rucksack on your back.
- The Bosch Performance CX drive unit allows for the best speed up to 15 miles per hour (24 km/h).
- The Bosh 500Wh battery you can charge with any household power point, and it is removable.
- Incorporated is a helpful Bosch Purion display to check your distance, speed, and battery cycle.
- You can use it as a pedelec or deactivate the assistance (if feeling like doing an extra workout).
- Furthermore, it is made with a Hydroformed e-bike frame to last a lifetime.
Reasons not to Buy:
- While the tires offer you a comfortable ride on a flat surface, it can be tiring on rougher areas.
- The Magura MT brakes are impressive but not as powerful as found on other commuter e-bikes such as the Phantom Santa Fe Classic.
- Compared to most other lightweight electric bikes the Trek Super Commuter +9 weighs 50.71 lbs (23 kg) and on the heavy side carrying up steps. If required, by removing the battery, you will reduce the weight considerably.
Trek Super Commuter +9: Our Verdict
The electric bike has a high-performance frame with comfortable control traveling at high speed. With the full mudguards, front & rear lights, and rear rack it has a sleek look.
The front light kicks out 1100 Lumens and the rear ones neatly place on the back mudguard.
The Bosch Performance CX drive units exceptional and the built-in battery give it a sophisticated look and balance. For protecting the motor in any condition, it has motor armor while the Harmony N380 offers automatic variable shifting.
Whether you want a workout or in need of not breaking a sweat, the Commuter Plus 9 is one of the best city commuter electric bikes for 2018. With the power to pedal the e-bike offers you an electrifying cycling life even uphill.
The motor runs quietly, and you can hear the birds chirping in the park.
So what do you think — if still uncertain why not head over to your nearest dealer and try this great pedal-assist bike out. You can cruise along with the assisted electric motor instead of relying on your legs to do the work.
The truth is that even hardcore cyclists find the pedelec fun to ride and might replace your car. So far, this ebike has gained popularity among many cyclists, which have found the Trek Super Commuter +9 e-bike pleasing to ride.
Images courtesy of Trek ebikes GB
What you think about this Commuter e-bike?